Alexander (Stirling) & Co was started by our founder Mr Alexander MacLachlan back in 1949. Deliver was with a horse and cart.
Alexander (Stirling) & Co expanded rapidly and moved from the town centre to larger premises in Springkerse Industrial Estate, its current head office location.
The company continued to forge ahead, expanding its current site and acquiring new sites for the growing business. As it grew and evolved, it more recently became Alexander (Scotland) & Co Ltd.
Throughout the last 75 years, the company has been 100% family owned. In these years many staff have come to work and stayed, many serving in excess of 20 years, a true testament to the family culture and feeling of working together for each other and the company.
It is that culture and togetherness that brought the most recent change to Alexander (Scotland) & Co Ltd. In July 2023 the company was transferred over to an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT), a 100% employee ownership company.
A rightful move to put Alexanders long serving employees in charge of their own destiny and to continue under the same ethos and commitment shown over the years.
The same commitment shown to every customer:
Our Customers - Our Future
Alexander (Scotland) & Co strongly believe in core business values built on outstanding customer service:
- Competitiveness – maintaining commercial advantage
- Reliability – the right goods delivered on time, first time
- Trust and Integrity – no nonsense
- Accurate information – no assumptions made as to stock positions or deliveries
- Customer feedback – information relayed quickly enabling customer choice and options
- Good working relationship – ability to work openly and flexibly with customers in all circumstances to achieve positive results
- Accessibility – easy access to decision makers and facilitators
Alexander (Scotland) & Co will undertake at all times to maintain and deliver on these core business values to all our customers.